Tips for cannabis consumption
When consuming cannabis, please keep these tips in mind to prevent possible negative experiences.
- THC, one of the active ingredients in cannabis, is a mood enhancer. Make sure you are in a mood that you wish to make more intense, otherwise it is best to refrain from using cannabis products. Drug use is a personal choice and should never be influenced by another person’s opinion.
- Smoking joints, eating space cake or using a vaporiser will lower the amount of sugar in your blood which can lead to nausea, ringing ears, and sweating. If this occurs please drink some sugar water or juice, or have some fruit or something sweet (avoid caffeine). Fresh air usually helps and so does a good meal, but panicking will not!
- Unfortunately someone who has consumed too many “space” products, i.e. eaten or drunk products containing THC, will notice no relief from sugar water, as the metabolised cannabinoids are unaffected by sugar. Please allow 20 minutes to two hours for a space product to start working. If the cake is larger try eating half at first and wait at least two hours before consuming more cannabis in any form.
- Please use caution when combining cannabis and alcohol. Smoking a joint can make alcoholic drinks feel many times stronger!
- All cannabis users (but especially medicinal users) should make sure, insofar as is possible, to consume only organically grown products (no chemical nutrients or pesticides).
- Regular consumers of cannabis are encouraged to take frequent breaks from their habit, especially from smoking. Detoxification takes different amounts of time for different people, leaving the system over a period relative to the amount normally consumed. Remember, smoke less and enjoy more!